Lash extension can last up to six weeks if properly taken care of. Follow these steps to keep to keep your lashes full and healthy.
- Do not get you lashes wet for 24-48 hours after they are applied. This includes sweating, washing your face (just avoid your eyes.), and crying.
- Avoid any oil products around your eyes. Oil can be used to remove your lash extensions.
- Avoid all heat sources such as saunas, ovens, and barbecues. Heat can distort you lashes and cause the glue to melt.
- Make sure you keep your lashes clean. Clean them at least once a week with a diluted mild soap. Baby shampoo works best.
- Try to avoid using mascara. Mascara will cause your extensions to clump together and the glue will become sticky and the lash extensions will no longer adhere to your natural lash. If you must use mascara, make sure it is water based.
- Schedule a fill appointment every two to four weeks to keep your lashes nice and full.
- Do not pick at your lashes or rub your eyes. Doing this can pull out natural lashes and cause permanent damage. If you need them removed, come back and we can remove them for you.
- Do not curl your lashes. Curling your lashes will crimp them and cause damage to your natural lash.
- Sleeping on your face can cause the lashes to become crimped and fall off. If you sleep on your side, there is a chance that one side may fall off quicker.
- You may use an eyelash growth serum once a day to keep your natural lashes healthy, and long while you have your extensions on. If you have very thin lashes I highly recommend doing this.